Monday, December 3, 2012

He's not talking yet

I didn't think much of it at the time, but earlier this afternoon Samuel really surprised me. I've been enjoying watching him interact more with people and toys and the world around him.

(Sidenote: today at the grocery store, Samuel said "hi" to a woman walking by. She was so amazed and said, "Wow, he's talking at such a young age! What else can he say?" Umm... nothing. Sorry to disappoint you, but he's just making noise.)

But anyway, Patrick came home today while I was feeding Samuel, and as soon as he heard his daddy's voice, he turned to look for him. He continued trying to turn, and I could not get him to eat until Patrick left the house again.

At the time, I just wanted him to focus on eating, but as I was thinking about it later, I felt so thankful that Samuel knows and loves his daddy's voice. I love watching them together and seeing Patrick as a father to Samuel.

It made me think too about our hopes for Samuel. When we were naming him, we thought about the story of Samuel and Eli in the temple and how we wanted our Samuel to respond just like that Samuel when he said to the LORD, "Speak, for your servant is listening." My greatest hope for him is that, at a really early age, he'll hear and respond to the Father's voice inviting him to be His son.

I sure do love these two-




No comments:

Post a Comment